Common Book Marketing Problems and How
to Solve Them!
If you are a newbie writer and you just started marketing a book of your very own, you would notice one thing. That it is pretty difficult. Which is understandable because there are so many facets to the book marketing process. And seeing as there are a multitude of new books coming out on a daily basis, you will have a lot of competition. So before you set out and market your book, you should really pinpoint the potential obstacles. That way once you do start the book marketing process, you won’t be caught by surprise. Here are common book marketing problems and how to overcome them.
- Identifying your target market
One prevalent problem that most newbie writers have during the book marketing process, is identifying their target market. This is because there are various genres to choose from. And if you are thinking that you are going to choose your target market once you already finished your book, then you are too late.
How to overcome it:
This problem is relatively easy to solve. You just need to choose your target market long before you start the writing process. In a way, your target market should be the first thing on your mind when you publish a book. Think hard on what genre you want to write for. Then identify the demographic of people most likely to be interested in your chosen topic and genre. By identifying your target market early, you will be able to write a book that caters to their tastes. You will also be able to come up with book marketing that will truly grab their attentions in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Lack of funds
One of the main challenges that a writer can face during the book writing process is a lack of funds. This is because the book marketing process can be a very costly endeavor. This is especially true if you are going to market your book through more traditional media such as TV or magazine ads. This type of book marketing could cost a small fortune. All in all, marketing your book can be a costly endeavor.
How to overcome it:
Funding a book marketing can be a costly endeavor. But that does not mean you can’t find alternative book marketing techniques that will help you save money. Here are some great tips.
- Post book ads through your Facebook account.
- Tweet about your book and other writing projects.
- Create your very own author blog.
- Post content through your author blog. This will help you get online recognition from potential readers.
- Create your very own book video and post it through various video sharing sites.
- Have your book reviewed by an established author or by a book review company. You can post the review through your blog site.
- Standing out from the competition
As it was stated earlier, it can be very difficult to stand out from the competition. This is because there are so many new writers coming out of the woodwork. And if you are not careful, you can get overshadowed by all the new talent pretty quickly. You will also have to compete with a lot of already established writers. All in all, the book marketing arena can be a pretty harsh one.
How to overcome it:
In truth, standing out from the competition is the most difficult problem to deal with. This is because potential readers can be very fickle and there is really no way of knowing what they are looking for in a book. So the best you can do in this situation is try to make your book as attractive to readers as possible. This is the only factor that can help tip the odds in your favor. Here are some great tips on how to do this.
- Design a noteworthy book cover. The more eye-catching your book cover, the more chances it will be noticed by potential buyers.
- Come up with a truly unique concept.
- Stay away from clichés and overused tropes. Potential readers will see them a mile away.
- Make sure that every aspect of your book editing is perfect. A badly edited book will not help you get over the competition.
Marketing a book of your very own could be a very complex process. So you will need the best help possible. Get the best help from Writers Republic now!